Welcome!

My photo
Thanks for stopping by and checking in with me! :) You'll notice the lack of updates and blog posts - it's because this is no longer the "home" of Elisabeth Nixon Photography! Head on over to www.elisabethnixonphotography.com for updates, new posts and yes - a brand new website!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Merry Valentines Day!

Haha - Ok, so not "merry" but rather, HAPPY Valentines Day! Unfortunately all of my grand ideas for this particular blog have fallen through. I won't share them because, well, there's hope yet - but I'm currently having trouble with a particular piece of technology that is necessary to the post itself.

However - that doesn't mean I can't share a little bit about why I love me some Matthew. :) In no particular order (because I can't be bothered to write this stuff out ahead of time - I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl!)

1. I love that you hit me with a volleyball the first time we met (hard enough to knock the wind out of me) and then didn't talk to me for a year because you were so embarassed.

2. I love that you love your family dearly and now that WE are a family, you love us desperately - as we do you. :)

3. I love how much taller you are than me.

4. I LOVE YOUR BEARD. It is so hot! (sorry girls - he's taken!!) :)

5. I love your voice.

6. I love your ears and how they scrunch up a little bit when you smile. I'm sad that neither of our kids have this trait - and hope that #3 here might have this little bit of you in her - it's so sweet. :)

7. I love how you put your all into everything that you do.

8. I love everything you've ever made me in your WOODWORKING WORKSHOP. :) (not garage...)

9. I love how Micah wants to be just like you when he grows up - and I hope that he is.

10. I love it when you laugh - REALLY laugh. It makes my heart happy.

11. I love how much I need you. And I'm sorry I don't always realize or remember how much I need you - but I really do.

12. I love how strong you are.

13. I love how tender your heart is.

14. I LOVE YOUR BEARD. (oops - I think I already said that.) ;)

15. I love that it's because of you that I figured out how to do what I love. (photography.)

16. I love that you think I'm good at it, even when I doubt myself.

17. I love that you support me and are excited for me when I succeed.

18. I love that you hold me and listen to me pour my heart out when I fail.

19. I love your hands.

20. I love your beautiful eyes.

21. I love the kind of daddy that you are.

22. I especially love the kind of husband you are.

23. I love that you are excited about another baby - even though we were so sure we were done. :)

24. I love it when you sing.

25. I love it when you hold me. We just fit together perfectly. (ok not right NOW with the baby involved - but it'll fit again soon!)

There are so many more reasons why I love you. Perhaps I'll jot some more down later - but for now, the natives are restless (you know this I'm sure) and we're headed out the door.

Happy Valentines Day, my love. I am so thankful that God has given you to me - and me to you. I am grateful every day for the friendship that we share and I look forward to so many MANY more years to spend with you. :)

Love,

Me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well I'm just all teared up right now...mostly because I am so thankful that my big sister has been blessed with such a wonderful husband and family. But also because you make me laugh in all your blogs, but then that makes me sad and cry because I miss you so much. I love you and can't wait to see the FIVE of you this summer!!!

Anonymous said...

ahh. many things on your list express exactly how I feel about your dad!! smile.
love, your mom