Welcome!

My photo
Thanks for stopping by and checking in with me! :) You'll notice the lack of updates and blog posts - it's because this is no longer the "home" of Elisabeth Nixon Photography! Head on over to www.elisabethnixonphotography.com for updates, new posts and yes - a brand new website!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sheena: FLY

I spent this past weekend at the beach. My church had a women's retreat and I had just a WONDERFUL time. It was so relaxing, we had such wonderful fellowship together, good food, so many laughs - and I even swam in the ocean BY MYSELF. For those who don't know, I am afraid of a LOT of things. "Things I can't see in the water" is near the top of the list. But this past weekend I just really felt . . . free. Nobody else really stayed in, but I floated and swam, reminding myself that God had created this incredible ocean and all of the amazing creatures in it. (I also reminded myself that with so many people swimming in the SAME ocean, surely the odds were pretty good that I wouldn't be the first to get eaten.)

I have to admit, I did go running out of the water like a spazz three times as something touched my foot and sent me into hysterics . . . and then one time, nothing touched me but I just felt the fear rise up. Then, as I stood on the beach looking out towards the water, I managed to talk myself into getting back in, thanking the Lord once again for the ocean, the sand, sky, the beautiful day . . . and the ability to swim and relax. :)

OK enough of ME. A dear friend and I spent a few minutes together taking her pictures - we kinda attacked her (some other friends and I) and "did her up" . . . surprisingly, she let us! :) Then I took her out for a few minutes that evening so that she would have a permanent reminder of the day. :) She's not a senior in high school, so the "FLY" title doesn't really count . . . but it DOES count in the sense that I am praying she really will fly, not in her strength, but in the Lord's. Soar. Isaiah 40:31 - Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

4 comments:

Statton Family said...

Elisabeth, she's gorgeous!!!!! I'm so glad you did that for her. I bet she really needed something nice like that with the boys always needing her attention. She is so beautiful!

Sarah said...

WOW! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Sheena, you should be a model!!!

Cristina said...

Wow! I love these pictures. Sheena, you look totally relaxed!!!

Tara Zornow, Southeast Michigan Photographer said...

I absolutely adore the middle image, she looks absolutely beautiful.