Welcome!

My photo
Thanks for stopping by and checking in with me! :) You'll notice the lack of updates and blog posts - it's because this is no longer the "home" of Elisabeth Nixon Photography! Head on over to www.elisabethnixonphotography.com for updates, new posts and yes - a brand new website!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A day I'd like to forget

A year ago today a plane crashed in my neighborhood, across the street. I don't have a whole lot more to say than that - but apparently I'm still not over it. I can't imagine how the family members must feel. There hasn't been much in the way of updates as to how the families are doing . . . at first the neighbors here all pulled together and we knew what was going on in their recovery - but time has passed, most people have moved on. I haven't quite moved on yet. I was one of the first people to run out of the house after hearing the explosions and stand in front of the house - absolutely shocked. Rooted to the spot - and yet desperately wishing there was something - ANYTHING - that I could do. I'm sure my incoherent 911 phone call is recorded somewhere for all of eternity - that's an embarassing thought.

Anyways, I don't have much else to say today, but I figure that here I can be as honest as I want, right? Well, it sucks. I wish I could drag the memories out of my head and stomp on them. But that just seems unfair. My memories don't compare in the least to the family that almost all made it out of the house - or to the father whose wife and baby didn't. Then the family members of those that were in the plane. All of them - their hearts must be so heavy - so please remember the families in your prayers today, I'm sure they need it.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/7/10/sanford_plane_crash__one_year_later.html

The music you're listening to (Praise you in this storm, by Casting Crowns) is the first song I came across a few days after the crash - it meant a lot to me then, thinking about the families and what they were going through, and then even for myself, just having to learn to trust God with the future all over again - a lot of fear you know? Irrational or not, there was a lot of fear.

3 comments:

IVMarz said...

Almost every time I drive to your house I drive by where the houses used to be... it's such a random tragedy. Thank you for the reminder to continue to pray for them. I just can't imagine.

Statton Family said...

I thought of you when this anniversary came to mind. I prayed for you and for the families. I'm so sorry you still carry this with you, but that's only because God gave you such a tender heart. I love you for that. I do hope you are able to leave it behind at some point, at least to the point where you no longer hurt so much. My heart still goes out to all of those involved in the crash and how much their lives have had to change.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe it's been a year. Something like this never truly leaves us, but time does have a way of lessening the pain and shock. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones and who are still dealing with their own devastating injuries. I love you and pray that your heart will heal.