Welcome!

My photo
Thanks for stopping by and checking in with me! :) You'll notice the lack of updates and blog posts - it's because this is no longer the "home" of Elisabeth Nixon Photography! Head on over to www.elisabethnixonphotography.com for updates, new posts and yes - a brand new website!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Four Years Ago

I will post pictures of Ella as a baby when I can find them...so far no luck :(

I woke up very early, not feeling so hot. The night before, Halloween, we'd taken Micah out and about to visit all the grandparents & great-grandparents...he was a chinese boy (Thank goodness for Granny - she brought him a REAL child's outfit from China and it made it SO easy for me that year to dress him up!!). He was so cute - and gosh, so little!

Anyway, Tuesday November 1st I woke up feeling pretty blah. It could have been the amount of candy I'd consumed the night before - I'm not known for my restraint when it comes to Halloween candy. I had a doctors appointment that day so Matthew came home from work around 10 and took me to the doctor. (Yes, I have one of THOSE fabulous hubbies who is often able and wants to be at the doctor visits with me!!)

We got there, they took my blood pressure....and the nurse looked at me alarmed and then ran to get the doctor. Matthew and I knew what was coming. :) It had only been a matter of time - and we were surprised to have made it as far as we did with Ella's pregnancy before this moment. Ella was due in 4 days - and it was time. The doctor came in, confirmed that indeed, it was time. He said to go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY. I told him that wasn't possible because I had to go home, grab my stuff and KISS MICAH GOODBYE. Cuz, you know, you just DON'T know....and I was about to have a c-section....I wasn't going to not kiss Micah goodbye. :)

The doctor gave us permission - in part because we lived less than 5 minutes away from the hospital. We drove home, grabbed a bunch of stuff and threw it in a bag (Nope, I wasn't packed!), kissed and hugged Micah and went to the hospital. I was SO excited - SO done being pregnant and finally we were going to meet Ella!!

A good 10 or 11 hours later, we did meet her. She came out looking all grumpy and was STARVING. I cannot believe that it's been 4 years. FOUR YEARS. My baby girl is four years old. She has gotten a LOT bigger, but she is still the exact same little person. She's full of personality - so much that it bursts out of her. She is LOUD, sooo not gentle, kind, crazy...and just came in the room naked. PROUD of it. Yup, that's Ella. She wear princess dresses all day long. When she wears lipgloss she holds her lips taut and moves them as little as possible for hours. It's rediculous and I love her for it!

Happy Birthday Ella-Bella. You make every day interesting, a little bit painful with your HUGE hugs, and oh so fun. Don't change too much, I like you just the way you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, Ella, don't change the way you are! we LOVE you. I'm sad for how fast time flies by....thanks elisabeth for telling the stories to remember...MOm

Amanda said...

Hey Elisabeth! I got the gift card in the mail; thank you so much! It made my day!

Also, I love this post. My birthday is November 1st as well.. I turned 20. The years go by too fast, at least that's what my mom tells me. I hope you had a good day with Ella.

Thanks again,
Amanda

Sarah said...

We love crazy, wild Ella-Bella!!!!!

Blog Archive